2024 Season’s Match Dates
To Book On Any Matches
Phone David Jessop on 07951 082919
With Jason On Our Facebook Page
Or Through The WhatsApp Match Group
Draw 9am Fish 10am-3pm
All matches £15 unless stated
March 3rd Push Dam, Shepley
March 17th Hopton Water T.R. Brook Cup
March 31st Bottoms Mill Dam
April 14th Sparth Reservoir
April 28th Canal (Alan Bedford Memorial Match) £20
May 12th Nether Mill, Penistone £25
May 26th Hill Top Reservoir (Joe Booth Memorial Match)
June 9th Aston Park, Sheffield (Split) £25
June 23rd Canal Boulding Trophy
July 7th Nether Mill, Penistone £25
July 21st Canal
August 4th Push Dam, Shepley
August 18th Hopton Water (Melvin Livesey Memorial Match)
September 1st Hill Top Reservoir
September 15 Nether Mill, Penistone (Malcolm Fenwick Memorial Match) £25
September 29th Canal Gertrude Gee Trophy
October 13th Hopton Water Eastwood Rose Bowl
October 27th Nether Mill, Penistone Christmas Match £25
November 10th Bottoms Mill Dam
November 24th Push Dam, Shepley (Silvers) £15
December 8th Hopton Water(silvers) Ralph Reece Trophy
December 22nd Push Dam, Shepley (Silvers)
JUNIOR FUN DAY:
Saturday 18th May Hopton Water
DRAW 9.30 am
FISH 10.00 am to 1.00 pm
LOTS OF PRIZES
Entrants 12 yrs or younger should be accompanied by an adult who may assist them
To book your place Contact
Tony Warner on 077511 65574 Or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
David Jessop on 07951 082919
Draw 9 am Fish 10.30-3.30
Saturday June 29th Hopton Water £15
THE WEDNESDAY CLUB
The Wednesday Fishing Club will start to meet again in APRIL 2024
Both MEMBERS AND NON MEMBERS will be welcome to join in, (Day Tickets will be available to purchase on the day.)
The idea is to encourage anglers to meet together and share their skills, thoughts and ideas and just a general get together for persons that may need some help & support.
There is usually a £1 winner take all pool.
DRAW 12.00 noon
FISH 1.00 pm to 6.00 pm
April 10th Push Dam, Shepley
April 24th Hopton Water
May 8th Canal
May 22nd Bottoms Mill Dam
June 5th Push Dam, Shepley
June 19th Hopton Water
July 3rd Hill Top Reservoir
July 17th Bottoms Mill Dam
July 31st Hopton Water
August 14th Bottoms Mill Dam
August 28th Hopton Water
September 11th Canal
September 25th Push Dam, Shepley
October 9th Canal
October 23rd Hopton Water
FRIDAY EVENING SUMMER MATCHES 2024
DRAW 3.30 pm
FISH 4.30pm to 8.30 pm
May 17th Canal
May 31st Hopton
June 14th Bottoms
June 28th Push Dam
July 12th Hopton
July 26th Hill Top
August 9th Canal
August 23rd Push Dam
Saturday November 16th
Venue to be confirmed nearer the day
Draw 9am Fish 10.00-3.00pm
Entry £20 includes all prize competitions and pub grub after the match
The Committee match will be held on Saturday June 15th
At Push Dam
The Draw being held at 9.30 am
FISH 10.30 am to 3.30 pm
The water will be closed to other anglers on the day until 5.00 pm
MATCH BOOKINGS AND MATCH RULES
- BOOKINGS FOR ALL FRIDAY AND SUNDAY MATCHES
From the Match Secretary at any time up to 8.00 pm on the night prior to the match:
Telephone Match Secretary: Dave Jessop 121, Marsh Lane, Shepley, Huddersfield HD8 8AS. Mobile No:- 07951082919.
- ENTRY FEE AND POOLS FOR MATCHES.
a) There is a £3 pegging fee for all matches and a £12 pool.
b) From the entry fee 20p goes to the Club’s Junior fund and the rest goes to the Match Account.
c) The match pool carries a 100% payout e.g.: 50%, 30% and 20% plus sections.
- DURATION OF MATCHES.
As per the match programme on the website.
- THE DRAW
As per the match programme on the website.
- NON ATTENDANCE.
Any angler booked on to a match who does not attend on the day of the match without having previously notified the Match Secretary will not be entitled to a refund of the entry fee and pools .
- All anglers fishing matches must be in possession of a current Environment Agency Rod Licence and should be fully conversant with these rules.
- Juniors fishing matches will pay the full entry fee. No one under 12 years of age on the 1st of January will be able to compete in senior club matches unless they are accompanied by an adult who shall be solely responsible for them.
- Any angler who draws scales must take these to their peg and conduct the weigh-in on completion of the match. Anglers who draw “checker” pegs must assist the scales man to conduct the weigh-in and record the weights.
- “Near pegs” are available on application in writing to the Match Secretary prior to the matches. Competitors granted such pegs will be obliged to take “near pegs” on all subsequent matches for the rest of that season.
- Competitors on arriving at their pegs must not groundbait or loosefeed their swim or disturb the water other than to wet their groundbait, clear their fishing ground of weed or obstruction, position their keepnets or plumb the depth before the starting signal.
- A competitor must fish within one yard of his peg mark. On flowing water he will fish from his position in the direction of the flw as far as the next peg
On still waters and canals he will may fish on either side of his peg to a point halfway between his peg and the adjacent peg on either side. Should other competitors be pegged opposite one another then he shall only fish to the centre of the water.
- A competitor may only use one rod, line and hook at any one time but may have other tackles assembled for use in a position to his rear providing that no such tackle be baited. Any competitor leaving his peg during the match must withdraw his rod and terminal tackle from the water and must not approach another competitor unless invited to do so.
- Any bait subject to local rules may be used, except live or dead fish, spinning baits or lures. All groundbait and loose feed may be thrown in by hand or by the use of catapults, throwing sticks, swimfeeders, baitdroppers and pole pots, the latter three only to be used with the rod or pole that is being fished with.
- Competitors must hook play and land their own fish from their own peg. Competitors must cease fishing on hearing the finishing signal but may be allowed no more than 15 minutes to play and land a fish that was hooked before the finishing signal.
- The following are ineligible for weighing in :- Salmon, Trout, Seatrout, Sticklebacks and Crustaceans. All fish caught during a match must be returned after the weigh-in.
- Where matches are held on suitable waters, competitors may enter the water (thigh wading only). Notice will be given to competitors at the draw. Junior members will not be allowed to wade on any match.
- No member shall fish any match length on the day of the match until after the completion of the weigh-in. Competitors who want to resume fishing after the match may not do so until after the scales have passed their peg.
- All trophy winners will receive their trophy and a replicato keep, at the Annual Presentation Night. All Trophies must be returned to the Match Secretary before 1st November following the presentation. Failure to do so will result in the offender being banned from all Club Matches during the following year. No trophy may be won outright.
- Only Club Members who have not won a Senior Cub Trophy during the previous year and have not been a winner of the Hallas Novice Trophy during the previous three years may win the Hallas Novice Trophy.
- A trophy is presented to the Lady Member with the highest combined weight in the Annual Cup and Hallas Trophy matches.
- Any Club Member wishing to be considered for representative matches for next year MUST complete the form provided in the year book (see pages 34 and 35) and forward it to the Match Secretary.
- Any offence committed against Match Rules to be reported to the Match Secretary in writing immediately after the end of the match and before the announcement of the winners. The offence shall be investigated at the next General Purposes Committee Meeting where the alleged offender shall have the right to attend to defend himself. The General Purposes Committee have the power to suspend or terminate a person’s Club Membership for the breaking of any Match Rules.
- Any Club Member fishing for a Club Trophy must show his Membership Book when drawing his peg number.