RISING MEMBERSHIP!

Please Post Here Anything Regarding Membership.

RISING MEMBERSHIP!

Postby SADAC-admin on Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:58 pm

Originally posted by The Germanator 29 Oct 2007 06:49 pm

AS THE IMMINENT AGM WILL SHOW, MEMBERSHIP WITHIN S&D AC IS UP AROUND A THIRD ON 2006 NUMBERS. THIS MAY BE SOMETHING TO DO WITH HILL TOP AND PUSH DAM OPENING AGAIN AND FISHING WELL. GET THE WORD AROUND TO YOUR FISHING PALS IF THEY AREN'T MEMBERS OF WHAT THEY'RE MISSING!! MEMBERSHIP IS EASY TO OBTAIN AND DETAILS ARE ON THIS WEBSITE. TIGHT LINES AND HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON. DAVE.
SADAC-admin
Site Admin

Re: RISING MEMBERSHIP!

Postby Water Sec. on Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:40 pm

FOR EVERYONES' INFO.--2008 MEBERSHIP HAS RISEN BY APPROX. 15% - 20% COMPARED TO THE SAME TIME LAST YEAR. MEMBERSHIP FIGURES ARE NOTED AT EACH COMMITTEE MEETING SO THIS IS MINUTED AND NOT MADE UP!! IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE USE THE FORUM AND WE'LL SEE WHAT CAN BE DONE.
REGARDS DAVE ( WATER SEC)
I love fishing!
Water Sec.

Postby Water Sec. on Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:16 pm

Victims of our own success! Due to ever rising membership numbers, some of our costs go up as a result of this. We have exceeded the 500 mark for the first time in...........er...........a long while!! I'm sure that we'll find out how long at the AGM in a few weeks!! My guess is 12 years! What do you reacon? Happy guessing! I'll post how long it is if I can find that information. Regards Dave
I love fishing!
Water Sec.

Postby carprock on Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:56 pm

Not a clue. My guess ................... 11.5 years :)
carprock

Postby GaryC on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:57 pm

I tell you what though, the membership will decrease significantly over the next four years. I have been a member for the last 3 years and thoroughly enjoy my fishing of Slaithwaite waters, particularly Bottoms.http://www.slaithwaitedistricta ... &f=7&t=16#
BUT
Next year I will be loathed to pay £34 to fish the clubs waters, £32 this year was a surprise. An increase of nearly 7% is quite substantial and although obviously passed at the AGM it seems a bit steep in these austere times. I then read my book and noted that there will be further increases over the next 4 years leading to a book of £40. :(
Sorry but next year will be a very tough decision, £34 is probably above what I would wish to pay for the waters available. Living in Halifax I think there are clubs such as Mirfield, Bradford City, Bingley and Keighley offering far more value for money at this time along with high profile clubs such as Leeds and York. I would have liked to heard the arguments for and against this proposal but I'm sure whoever proposed it will not be getting wage rises of 7%/6.25%/6%/5.5% over the next 4 years and neither will a high percentage of the membership.
In my opinion the current cost of £32 is probably the limit for many members and I would envisage a steep decline in membership especially from members who have to travel to the venues. Fuel costs along with bait would make a trip over to Bottoms far more expensive than a visit to one of the more local Mirfield or Bradford No1 waters.
Sorry guys but I feel this decision needs reconsidering given the current economic climate.
Gary
GaryC

Postby Hilltop Phil on Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:07 pm

Hi gary you think thats bad,get ya self down to square dam after paying £48...cant even fish it due to the amount of weed and mess,i know ive been "going on" about it for months,and even had a go myself....500 members....shame there not 500 ACTIVE members eh?
Hilltop Phil

Postby Water Sec. on Fri May 03, 2013 10:34 am

Hi Gary C
I have read your comments regarding increases in yearbook price and understand your feelings somewhat.
The committee discussed the issue at many monthly meetings and felt it was a consistant and open approach to place the proposed changes in the book for all to see.

I have looked at the clubs websites that you have mentioned and I would say we offer better value than any you mention. We have leases enabling members to fish ponds, reservoirs, canal and river swims, all within half an hour from Slaithwaite with 2 ponds, the canal and 2 reservoirs accessable in 15 minutes or less of those. Some of Bradfords waters are 40 plus miles from Bradford!

The work that is needed at Square Dam is linked to the increase in subscriptions but the funds to be able to do something is only half of the solution. We also need to be organised and get our hands dirty too. I kmow not all want to do that, that is there choice currently. We are in contact with the owner to organise this to happen asap.

I think that for a years fishing, £32 is good value for a club of our type. A two rod member pays £65 in Bradford No 1, ours pay £48.

We do not have holes dug and filled in with carp, we encourage the angler to fish the natural surroundings and earn the fish they catch. Some days it seems easy, others I can't buy a bite (usually when we have a group of children being coached!) but thats fishing. If you want to spend £10 on a trip to a carp puddle, be my guest as there are plenty in our local area.
You'll get four days fishing (maybe six maximum) for £32! What are you doing for the other 359 days?

The rises are about ensuring the long term future of our club and its members now and in the future. I hope you continue to be a member and if you have any questions, put them on here and I will try and answer them asap.

Regards, Dave the Water Sec and Club Bailiff
I love fishing!
Water Sec.

Return to Membership